|TAC 2015 Workshop
Challenges and Innovations in Tunnelling
October 5-6, 2015
Kingston, ON, Canada
Be sure to join us at TAC’s Fall 2015 Workshop featuring the theme Challenges and Innovations in Tunnelling. The program will include prominent Canadian practitioners in the fields of Site Investigation, TBM Technologies, Microtunnelling and Trenchless Technology.
This 1 ½ day workshop will feature the following elements and speakers:
Please click here to see the full program outline.
- Soft Ground Site Investigation & Managing Geotechnical Risks Tunnelling - Masoud Manzari, Thurber Engineering Ltd.
- Site Investigation, Ground Behaviour Prediction Risk Assessment of Deep Hard Rock Tunnels - Mark Diederichs, Queen's University
- TBM Technologies and Advancements with focus on Variable Density TBM Design - Shawn Hourtovenko, Herrenknecht Tunnelling Systems Canada Inc.
- Hyperbaric Interventions & Challenges - Scott Black, ASI
- Microtunnelling Advances in North America - Mark Gelinas, Hatch Mott MacDonald, and John Grennan, Ward & Burke
- Advancement of Trenchless Technology - Mark Knight
- Data Management for Tunnel Modelling - Josephine Morgenroth, University of British Columbia
- Tunnelling Instrumentation - Nicholas Vlachopoulos, Royal Military College of Canada
- Eglinton Crosstown LRT: Project Challenges and Contractor Innovations - Paul Cott and Andrew Caruana, Obayashi Canada
- Tunnelling Education in Canada - Mark Diederichs, Nicholas Vlachopoulos, Gary Kramer and Erik Eberhardt
- TAC Initiatives Locally and Internationally - Nichole Boultbee and Erik Eberhardt
- Tour and Site Visit of Brockville Tunnel - Intrinsically safe flashlights (courtesy of Smith & Long) and lunch will be provided
Please click here to see a map of the Queen’s University campus and the location of the various workshop venues.
The early workshop registration price (before September 15) is only $275 for TAC members and $350 for non-members (includes TAC membership for 2016). This increases to $325 and $400 respectively on September 15. Workshop registration includes attendance at TAC’s 2015 Awards Banquet on the evening of October 5.
Please click here to register online through TAC’s merchant account accepting Visa, MasterCard and AmEx. To pay by cheque, please click here for the paper registration form.
Sponsorships are available to consulting firms, contractors, suppliers and other organizations in the tunnelling field. Your $1,500 will include two complimentary workshop registrations and attendance at the Awards Banquet.
Please click here for the sponsorship information package.
For more details, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 604-241-1297.
The organizing committee has arranged special rates at the Sheraton Four Points and the Holiday Inn in downtown Kingston of $125 or $130, respectively, plus taxes and fees (single or double occupancy). To book the Sheraton Four Points please click here. To book the Holiday Inn, please click here
Please make your hotel reservation by September 4 to ensure availability.
See you this fall in Kingston!